INtelligent Direct: Essential Precampaign Planning Questions
Before running a direct marketing campaign, take the time to design it correctly and make sure everyone is on the same page. If not done correctly, a campaign can tarnish your image and result in lost money. Read on for some helpful pointers:
Goals and Expectations
- What are the objectives of the campaign?
- Is the target being provided with a call to action, and have attribution rules been determined for linking such action back to the campaign?
Data to Make It Happen
- Would the source data benefit from appends?
- Is the data up to date and clean, and are the relationships and joins understood if multiple files/tables are involved?
- What audience level should the campaign be deduped to (e.g., if residential, should it be at the individual, household or address level) and what criteria determines the surviving record?
- Is the best target audience made up of prospects, customers or a combination of the two?
- If only a portion of the eligible population will be targeted, what is the select hierarchy that will determine record ranking?
Design and Execution
- Will testing be part of the campaign, and is there knowledge about what has and hasn’t worked well in the past?
- Will the campaign be one-time, or will it include multiple touchpoints?
- Will the campaign include more than one channel (e.g., direct mail, email, IP targeting)?
- What records should be suppressed from the campaign, and is there a system in place for gathering undeliverables and honoring do not contact requests?
- What reporting is desired, and how is success being measured?
Let Infinity Direct help guide you on your path to success. Contact us today.